2. August 2000, I began my education at Northwestern College in St. Paul, Minnesota. This school molded me as a student of words and the Word and introduced me to some amazing, lifelong friends. I had no idea that after graduation, I would end up working on the campus, and now I have spent almost 13 years at this amazing institution!
3. August 2001, I chose to be a volunteer camp counselor at Pine Haven Christian Assembly, the camp I grew up attending as a camper. I was one person going into this week and another coming out of it; it sparked a desire in me to work with youth. I met some of my very best friends at this camp, most of them this first week.
4. Summer 2003, I decided to apply for a position in the Northwestern admissions office. A decade later, I still revel in that great decision every morning when I wake up excited to go to work.
5. August 2005, I started sponsoring a child through Compassion International, igniting a strong advocacy in me for helping release children from poverty. Antonio June, Jona, and Bea bless my life.
6. March 2009, I began Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) therapy to treat my OCD.
Hoping to make more great decisions … or be led to them … or to stumble into them! What are the best decisions of your life?