1. I do not eat fish.
3. I’d like to travel to Australia, given the chance.
4. I love cats but am allergic to them. (We had battalions of cats growing up– farm cats, not house cats.)
5. I was terribly shy when I was young. This shocks most people, since almost all traces of that shyness evaporated long ago.
6. I’m quite captivated by Dickon from The Secret Garden. I’m not sure if I want to marry the grown-up version of him or keep him in my pocket as a magical child.
7. I scored higher on my math ACT subscores than in my English subscores. I was a straight-A math student all the way through college calculus II, where I stopped.
8. I really dislike being cold and remember that every winter that I stay in this forsaken state. (I love you, Minnesota, but come on: 30 below is too much.)
9. I’m sort of obsessed with wind turbines. I even managed to include a wind farm in my book.
10. My three self-proclaimed leadership principles are faithfulness, humility, and creativity.