Random 5 Friday is a weekly meme over at A Rural Journal.
Today I’m going to tell you five secrets. Well, with varying levels of secrecy.
1. After 10 years as a recruiter, I still get nervous for almost every meeting I have with a prospective family. You just never know how it’s gonna go– you might be meeting with a world-class teenager with incredible poise and leadership potential– or with someone who can’t look you in the eye or even answer a yes-or-no question.
2. I get wildly envious of my friends’ writing. What can I say? I surround myself with brilliant artists, and so, while I am so happy for them and proud of them, I’m also green with envy when I read that perfect, precise, delicate, wild, and buzzing image that they wrote and I did not.
3. Being healthy is such a struggle for me. I love chocolate and hate exercise. In fact, the only way I can get myself to exercise is by dangling the carrot of an audiobook in front of me. It works.
4. I want a boyfriend, like, yesterday. A hot one. Who likes to read and loves Jesus. And if he has an Australian accent and is a home improvement contractor, all the better. (Anyone know a Christian Property Brothers-esque Aussie with a penchant for great literature?)
5. I don’t read my Bible and pray every single day anymore. And yet, God feels nearer to me than ever before.
You should tell me a secret now too.
Love the description of your perfect boyfriend. And a secret? Hmm.
I’ve been a Christian my whole life, but I have felt and continue to feel jealous of every female Christian peer I have ever met. They all seem, more pure, more gracious, & closer to God than I could ever be. College bible studies are tough for me to sit through simply because I have to sit next to such a person.
I have definitely felt that same way. I went to a Christian college and it felt like EVERYONE BUT ME had their crap together! (I know now that that was absolutely not true.) It’s probably never fair for us to compare our spiritual life with someone else’s — it’s probably not even fair for us to assess our own. One thing I’m sure glad of is GRACE.
I don’t pray every day either. I actually never did, unless in the period in which I did it as a compulsion. Not that I’m avoiding it now, I’m just not used to do it.
I don’t exercise often due to lack of time, but since I don’t drive and I live in a small town, I walk a lot. I also tend to overeat in some periods.
You’re my twin. 🙂
If you find a christian property brother-esque (thats a fun word) make sure he has a brother!!!
I have a secret. I’m fragile and broken and pretending not to be. I love it that you have the courage to share your secrets.
Love your bravery with sharing your secrets, even here on my blog!!
Pingback: Truth like a Pistol Shot | Lights All Around
Pingback: Stripping Secrets of their Power | Lights All Around