Random 5 Friday is a weekly meme over at A Rural Journal.
Today I’m going to tell you five secrets. Well, with varying levels of secrecy.
1. After 10 years as a recruiter, I still get nervous for almost every meeting I have with a prospective family. You just never know how it’s gonna go– you might be meeting with a world-class teenager with incredible poise and leadership potential– or with someone who can’t look you in the eye or even answer a yes-or-no question.
2. I get wildly envious of my friends’ writing. What can I say? I surround myself with brilliant artists, and so, while I am so happy for them and proud of them, I’m also green with envy when I read that perfect, precise, delicate, wild, and buzzing image that they wrote and I did not.
3. Being healthy is such a struggle for me. I love chocolate and hate exercise. In fact, the only way I can get myself to exercise is by dangling the carrot of an audiobook in front of me. It works.
4. I want a boyfriend, like, yesterday. A hot one. Who likes to read and loves Jesus. And if he has an Australian accent and is a home improvement contractor, all the better. (Anyone know a Christian Property Brothers-esque Aussie with a penchant for great literature?)
5. I don’t read my Bible and pray every single day anymore. And yet, God feels nearer to me than ever before.
You should tell me a secret now too.