* Sometimes depression feels so very close. It sneaks up on me. I blink once and its arms are wrapped around me, tight, suffocating, relentless, strong. How strong am I really?
* I used to be an extrovert. Now I’m an introvert. (Granted, the world’s most outgoing introvert.) I feel grateful for all the friends and families who made that transition with me. It was a wide, wide swing, and they hung in there with me.
* Who even reads this blog? Would you (for me) take the extra effort to leave a comment with:
1. Your name (mine is the name of this website)
2. Where you’re from (me: Kimball/Mpls, MN)
3. Your happiness-in-a-pinch fix (me: Barnes & Noble giftcard, an encouraging email, the smell of lilacs or crabapple trees or any other devastating floral scent)
4. A moment/memory of becoming yourself (me: when I realized that I don’t have to take every piece of writing advice)
5. What you’re most looking forward to in the next year (me: VCFA!)
(I stole these questions from Antonia.)