1. Purchase the book. Pre-orders are absolutely the best type of sales; the next best is to buy it within the first week or two after its release (September 1st– add it to your calendar now!). You can pre-order it through Barnes & Noble, Amazon, or a host of other online retailers.
2. Read it and review it. I’d be so, so grateful for some great reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, etc.
3. Ask your local bookstore to carry the book.
4. Ask your local library to order it for its shelves.
5. Talk about it! With friends, family, teens you know, in person, on social media, etc. Word-of-mouth matters!
There are other ideas too (pinning my cover to Pinterest, tweeting your favorite lines, coming to launch parties and book signings, creating fan art [YES PLEASE]), but these five above are, in my opinion, the best and most important things you can do to help me become a successful author.
That said, I’m terribly grateful just to have the opportunity to write and be published. Thank you for anything you do– your kind words and encouragement, your excitement for me, your investment in my life– these all matter to me too. Deeply.