2. I’m an editor for Crux Literary Journal.
3. I’m scared of nuclear war but still toy around with this nuke map.
4. I love Toad & the Wet Sprocket.
5. I used to have nightmares about the rapture. Now my nightmares involve claustrophobia.
6. The most challenging class I took in college was called Writing Theory & Ethics. It was fascinating, but most of the time I was in over my head. For my big paper, I argued that Kenneth Burke’s theory of the negative was incompatible with a Christian worldview. Again, in over my head. But it was one of my favorite papers I wrote in college and the one that made me proudest.
7. I like the experience of reading fiction and creative non-fiction … but with regular old non-fiction, I just want to learn. I wish I could upload the content directly into my brain.
8. I don’t watch scary movies after Minority Report made me afraid for something like three weeks. (I thought there would be pre-cogs in my car.)
9. I sponsor three children in the Philippines: Antonio June since August 2005, Jona since January 2007, and Bea since November 2008. I adore these kiddos and deeply believe in the mission of Compassion International.
10. I’ve had a lot of roommates over the years. At least 25.