I’m a guest blogger today at Hardcovers and Heroines! To read my thoughts on the incredible value of a local writing group, click here!
Random 5 Friday is a weekly meme over at A Rural Journal.
Today I want to tell you about my relationship with music.
1. I was voted “Most Musical” of my senior class because I was a hardcore band nerd and played trumpet from 5th grade till graduation. I wanted to play the drums but wasn’t allowed because I am missing the very tips of two of my fingers on my left hand. (Surprise!) But I think all along I had more of a brass heart. 🙂
2. I get wildly addicted songs and can listen to them on repeat for months.
3. Jazz band was my favorite to play in, but I was always terrified of improv jazz solos. (We OCs don’t like uncertainty, ha!)
4. When I’m writing a particular scene, I often create a playlist to match the mood of the scene. Creating the playlist usually takes longer than the writing. Doh!
5. I really like to write to lyrics-less soundtrack music since it’s not as distracting. I particularly enjoy Nicholas Hooper, Alexandre Desplat, and Harry Gregson-Williams.