Random 5 Friday is a weekly meme over at A Rural Journal.
(By the way, I’ve started doing these Random 5 Fridays as a way for my blog readers to get to know me better. Is it working? So many of my other posts are about topics— and while you obviously learn my thoughts and opinions that way, you don’t always learn a lot about who I really am. I hope this meme is helpful in doing just that. If you have ideas for future Random 5 Fridays, please leave them in the comments!)
Today I want to tell you about the five items in my life I use almost every single day.
1. My bed. Oh my gosh, my bed is incredible. It’s this queen-size sleigh bed, and it has an incredible mattress and memory foam. I spent most of my life sleeping on an absolutely ancient old twin (through which the wire coils occasionally poked), and then of course there were the college dormitory beds, followed by this junky little thing I got after undergrad. But now. Now, I tell you, I am like royalty. (If only I could fall asleep and stay asleep … maybe it’s time for new meds.)
2. Narnia on audio. Without my Narnia discs, I couldn’t fall asleep at night. I’ve listened to them so much over the years that they are starting to wear out. I don’t know if I’ve ever worn out a CD before.
3. My laptop. Sweet little Samsung. (I refuse to buy Apple products.) As a writer, I use my computer every day!
4. My TOMS. This seems like such a silly thing to list, but I do find myself slipping into these ultra-comfy shoes nearly every day– and better yet, when I bought them, they donated a pair of shoes to a person in need.
5. My lap desk. Nerd alert! (As if the “Narnia on audio” didn’t already tip you off.) Because of the time I spend on my laptop, I either need to be at a table or to use the lap desk that my beautiful mom got me for Christmas a couple years ago. It too was falling apart at the seams, but nothing a little bottle of Super Glue couldn’t fix!
So, there you go. I feel like a dork for even blogging about this. You should probably give me some suggestions for future Fridays. 🙂