Young adult literature is probably my favorite kind of book to read. It’s fun, accessible, and– if you’re a picky reader like I am– it’s incredibly well written. Here’s a list of some of my all-time favorite YA lit.
1) Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
2) Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
3) The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
4) Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
5) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
6) Ordinary People by Judith Guest
7) Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
8) Bridge to Terabithia by Kathleen Patterson
9) Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
10) The Pigman by Paul Zindel
… and so many more (Saving Francesca, Finnikin of the Rock, The Sky is Everywhere, Tuck Everlasting, The Secret Garden …)! Do you like YA lit? What are your favorites? Have you tried writing YA lit before? What are the critical elements to include in any YA story?