1. What book gets you out of a reading slump?
2. What year was your worst? Your best?
3. Do you have any favorite names?
4. What comedian captures your sense of humor best?
5. What do you do when you’re sad?
1. The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta
2. 1997, 2004, and 2017 were the worst. 2013 was the best.
4. Fred Armisen
5. I’m asking you because I need ideas tonight.
1. Lord of the Rings
2. I think 2008-2012 were the worst (OCD was super bad), and then 2013-2014 were the best
4. Jimmy Fallon
5. Talk to friends, watch a comforting movie, drink tea, pray. I’m sorry you’re feeling sad Jackie 😦 It will pass, my friend. ❤
Drop me a message if you ever need to talk 🙂
Pray!!! What a novel idea!!! I’m such a dope. 🙂
1997 and 2004 were my worst OCD years too!! ❤
Ha! I’m a dope and often forget as well. I try to remember that Jesus was sad at times as well. I like to meditate on passages such as John 11:35 and Matt 26:38 when I’m sad. You are not alone in your sadness ❤
1. A Moveable Feast, by Ernest Hemingway
2. Worst: 2008. Best: 2017 and 2018
4. Jim Gaffigan and Jerry Seinfeld
5. It depends; sometimes a fizzy drink like pop will cheer me up. Most of the time, I listen to pop or classical music that I like, but none that is too happy when I’m down and out, also none that is especially too sad.
1. A Laura Ingalls Wilder book
2. Worst? 1976 Best 1983, 2017
4. Wanda Sykes, but I could do without the profanity.
5. Burn incense, listen to music, take a bath, talk to someone I like.
I get your weekly digest, so I’m always late to these parties. I hope the sad has dissipated some.
1. I usually just grab my favorite scenes (so I don’t offend my TBR), from The Importance of Being Earnest, one of the Georgia Nicholson diaries, or Beautiful Ruins.
2. 2012 was like Satan took a huge fart on my life and then set it on fire. 2015 wasn’t great. 2017 was a creativity and hope killer. I’ve got my hope back but I’m still overworked and overtired. Still, I’ll say 2018 to be hopeful. 2007-2009 were pretty great.
3. I have a notebook full of them. Twombly is a favorite last name. Verity is my favorite first name, hence my Instagram handle.
4. Brian Regan’s humor isn’t like mine but makes me burst out laughing. Take Stephen Wright (sp?) and add a generous helping of dad jokes, and that’s my sense of humor.
5. Listen to and bawl my way through the Hamilton soundtrack, listen to one of my moody playlists, eat–though that’s more for stress and lately has been making me more stressed. Read. Write.